Skip to content
TCP(Transmission Control Protocol)
- TCP establishes connection between the computers before transmitting the data
- Connection Oriented type protocol
- Speed is slow
- Highly Reliable
- Header size is 20Bytes
- It takes acknowledgement of data and has the ability to retransmit, if the user requests.
UDP(User Datagram Protocol)
- UDP stands the data directly to the destination computer without checking the system is ready or not.
- Connection type is connectionless
- Fast in speed
- Header is 8Bytes
- Neither it takes acknowledgement nor it retransmits the lost data.